Explore LMI data
Interested in the labour market and want labour market information?
Here you can find out where to get more information and intelligence of the UK labour market. The widget and websites listed here all use data from the LMI for All service. Some of the websites combine LMI for All data with other types of information, such as videos, whilst others present data as charts. Take a look and see which websites you like.
Explore different occupations using the LMI for All Careerometer widget
Careerometer can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations, help you learn about different occupations and identify potential careers.
It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as description of the occupation.
Simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you. You can then look up another two occupations and compare. You can also select ‘display the UK average’ and compare the information with the occupation you have selected.
LMI Learning Units
These short learning units have been developed by the LMI for All project team to support career practitioners and teachers using, or interested in accessing and using, labour market information (LMI) as part of the careers education, advice, guidance and counselling process.
The units will be extended, but currently cover:
- What is LMI and why is it important?;
- Who uses LMI and what for?;
- Sources of LMI; Limitations of LMI;
- Features of LMI;
- Choosing amongst sources of LMI;
- Understanding replacement demand and skills shortages.
To access the units, please start here.
Explore other websites that present information on the UK labour market
- icould is a careers website which uses LMI for All to provide context alongside careers videos.
- U-Explore provide careers guidance solutions for schools and colleges using LMI for All in Start.
- SACU is an online source of careers information for young people, parents, teachers and careers advisers.
- RCU Ltd. is a data dashboard which draws on LMI for All data and is designed to help inform curriculum design.
For more websites that display labour market information have a look at our directory of LMI for All users.